It's Mother's Day and we could not let this occasion pass without sharing with you all a few words of wisdom from our mothers, whose love and strength we carry with us every day. Here's a top 10 list from your Be Brilliant founders Andrea and Marsa. We hope you'll be inspired. And we wish all of you moms out there the very best on this day.
Thank you for all that you do!
1. Tread through life lightly -- after all, laughter is the best medicine.
2. You never know what someone else is experiencing. Always have compassion.
3. Love. Love with all your heart and soul. The greatest gift is love.
4. Your body is like a machine, fuel it with good nourishment. 5. Favorite saying to live by, from the wise words of her mother, "This too shall pass."
6. No matter where you are or where you're from, carry yourself with style and grace. Fix your hair, look presentable, use some lipstick. You are what you project. People will remember that, too.
7. Look ahead, not back. Your best days are always ahead. Don't let the past control your future. Put it to rest. Every day is a new chance and you don't know what's around the corner.
8. Your faith will carry you when you think you cannot go on. Lean on it. And share it.
9. A pair of nice shoes and a good handbag speak volumes. Own some. They are the icing on your look. Wearing them shows you care about much more than your appearance.
10. Attitude truly is everything. The way you approach people, your work, your burdens says a lot about you. Such positivity — and unwavering determination — opens doors and is a great intention for the world. "Hope is the thing with feathers that perches on the soul," wrote Emily Dickinson. Greet each day with hope! Yours will inspire others, too.